Monday 27 April 2009

What were we worrying for? The Reds are STAYING UP!!!!!!!!

I'm feeling very emotional right now. As I write this my face is still wet from tears. I wanted this so badly that it made me physically ache. The past nine months have been at times sheer mental torture, from thinking Forest were definitely heading back to League One, then believing we were going to escape, and then back again. But none of that matters now. Our Championship place next season has been assured for next season after Reading beat Norwich 2-0 at Carrow Road, to leave Norwich unable to catch us on the last day. Breath a huge sigh of relief, everyone!

I was not coping with my nerves at all, and had been doing my best to keep busy to try and take my mind off it, so I'm just so happy that it's all over now, and I can enjoy the rest of my week and look forward to the final game on Sunday, which if we lose, DOES NOT MATTER...NOT ONE BIT! Now how good does that sound? Now spare a thought for Norwich, who must win at Charlton, but will still go down if Barnsley get so much as a point at Plymouth. Actually, I couldn't give a damn...hee hee! It would be rather funny for Norwich to go down as I can still remember Sammy Clingan's comments when he signed for them, saying that he believed he was joining a big club and it was a step up in his career! On the other hand, my mum's friend is an ardent Norwich supporter, and I feel a bit guilty because they said they hoped Forest would stay up even if it meant they went down, as they know how devastated I would have been. For that reason, I must hope that Barnsley go down instead, but to be honest I don't care now! I'm just so, so relieved that it's not going to happen to us!

1 comment:

tonyatown said...

I like these posts where your emotions and the details of your personal life come through. It's what separates you from other bloggers.